Are you looking for the best D7x00 (D7200/D7100/D7000) settings for Landscape, Nature & Travel, Portraits & Weddings, Sports & Action and Point & Shoot?
If so, you’ve come to the right place. The settings take the very best from the likes of Mike Hagen, Thom Hogan, Ken Rockwell, Nikonians and others. The settings are saved to BIN files for you to load to your DSLR and detailed in the Excel workbook.
If you’ve reached this page, can I request that you register on the site. That way, I have a better handle on who’s interested in the download, and gives me options in the future for email newsletters, letting you know of updates to the site, the spreadsheet, the settings files, any offers I’m running etc. It also means you can post comments to the blog articles too.
D7x00 Configuration Workbook
The latest workbook has:
- The availability to store 7 “genre” settings (E.g. Landscape) – including 2 of your own!
- “How to setup your DSLR” instructions; so that every last setting on the DSLR is setup correctly for the “genre” selected.
- Pre-populated with settings for; Landscape, Nature & Travel, Portraits & Weddings, Sports & Action and Point & Shoot.
- Full details of all Nikon’s inbuilt SCENE modes – huge amounts of this detail is not in the manual.
- Details & explanations of Picture Controls; again, some detail here is not available in the manual.
- Extensive use of colour coding, identifying what you can/can’t do with the cell and it’s purpose. E.g. black background for headers.
- Cell protection – enabling you to change the settings – but not the headers etc.
- FAQs covering; “I’ve just bought the BIN files – what do I do with them?”, “I’ve updated the workbook with my own settings. How do I save them to card?”, and “How do I use the settings files and setup my DSLR?”
- An easier way of seeing if each setting is impacted by “Save settings” (BIN file), “Save user settings” (U1/U2) and the 2-button reset.
- Window freeze settings to lock the top and side titles.
- A single point of entry for your name
The workbook has 12 worksheets as follows;
- How to setup your DSLR
- SETUP MENU
- SHOOTING MENU
- CUSTOM SETTINGS MENU
- U1 & U2 Settings
- PLAYBACK MENU
- MY MENU
- Picture Controls
- RETOUCH MENU
- Available Settings
- SCENE modes
The workbook is supplied as an Excel 2013 file. If you have an older version of Excel that’s not a problem. Just download and install the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack.
D7x00 Settings Files
In the download you get 5 BIN files. They are my interpretation of how the DSLR should be setup for each of the 5 genres detailed above. The BIN files need to be saved to SD cards.
Each Nikon DSLR has it’s own BIN file format, with a different name for each model. The filenames are as follows:
- D7200 – NCSETUPH.BIN;
- D7100 – NCSETUPB.BIN;
- D7000 – NCSETUP7.BIN.
Your preferences may vary, but that doesn’t matter; update the workbook with your settings, load the relevant BIN file, edit the DSLR’s settings and re-save the BIN file to card. Et voila, the BIN file now contains your own settings.
Other Nikon camera model owners please note ……
Warning! Nikon UK Support advise you not to rename a file and load to a different DSLR model; it may damage the DSLR permanently.
I hope eventually to have settings files for the D610, D800 D4 etc. Do you own one? You could help me achieve that (wherever you live!) Please contact me
What do I get?
The Configuration Workbook / 5 settings files (BIN files) for the D7200, D7100 or D7000.
What does the configuration workbook look like?
The below screenshots show just a fraction of what you’ll get. (Click the image to see a larger version, then click back in your browser to return here):
Why should I?
- You’ll get the very best settings for the most popular genres people shoot;
- The workbook is packed with detailed D7x00 information, it provides an ability to document your DSLR setup and learn more about it;
- You’ll be able to fully configure your DSLR as a professional photographer would;
- It’ll save you hours;
- Hundreds of happy customers
Guarantee.. If you’re not happy with the download I offer a no-quibble refund.
Issues or questions?……….. email me
Payment is via PayPal or credit/debit card (Master Card or VISA). Select one of the options below and click Purchase then Checkout. After payment you will be directed to the download page and also receive an email with your purchase/download details.
No PayPal account? No problem! At the PayPal login page, click Pay with a debit or credit card
All D7200 files are now out of Beta! And the movies BIN file is available too! 🙂