This site is aimed at helping you learn about the Nikon D7100/D7000 and find photography resources on the web concerning the DSLRs.
What’s on the site?
If you already have a D7100/D7000 and want to find resources to learn about it, have a look at learning . This covers books, DVD, iPhone/iPad app, streaming and online content.
If you want to learn about the setup of your DSLR, then have a look at my various setup pages;
- Setup …………………………..an introduction to settings
- 1st ten Settings …………..these are no brainers really;
- 2nd ten Settings ………….some to think about;
- Save & Load Settings ….an explanation of Save User Settings (U1/U2) and Save/Load Settings
- Firmware Update ………..make sure you’re up to date with all fixes/features;
- Travel Photography ……my experience of having to take “quick-fire” shots;
- Autofocus Guide ………….a full explanation of the various AF modes & when to use them
- Debating Auto-ISO …….a discussion on the use of Auto-ISO
Looking for the best settings for Landscapes, Portraits, Weddings, Sports etc? And/or want a method to document your D7100/D7000 setup? Then visit Advanced Settings. These settings take the best from many recommendations from the likes of The Nikonians, Thom Hogan, Mike Hagen & Ken Rockwell.
Want to learn how to shoot movies properly with the D7100/D7000? Then check-out Shooting Movies.
Would you like a list of camera settings you can print & put in your bag? PhotoTools contains 50+ settings for PASM modes that cover scenes such as; kids playing, slow-water, panning, pets and lots more. PhotoTools also contains 3 incredibly helpful calculators for exposure, depth-of-field and flash. Visit my PhotoTools page.
If you have an issue with or question about the D7100/D7000, then visit my Help page.
Lastly, there’s my Blog - where I provide various news updates, some reviews, and discussion on issues and features.
First, here’s a quick introductory video. And remember, all this video was shot with the D7000/ D7100.